Welcome to a new site page I have added celebrating our award winning Maryland Craft Beer. Annually I relay the winners at the GABF and the Comptroller’s Cup but it is time they have a page dedicated to the awards they receive from across the globe. Congratulations on your victories as they are well deserved. Cheers!
2021 Maryland Craft Beer Competition Results
Oliver Brewing Company Barrel Aged Beer Earns Top Honors
Liquid Luxury earned the 2021 Maryland Craft Beer Competition Cup
(ANNAPOLIS, MD) – The final round of judging for the 2021 Maryland Craft Beer Competition took place at the Baltimore Craft Beer Festival on November 6. In front of thousands of event attendees, Oliver Brewing Company’s Barrel Aged Liquid Luxury was awarded the Competition’s trophy – a silver cup proudly mounted atop a sixth barrel keg – and claimed the top title from more than 270 competition entries.
“Everyone at Oliver Brewing Co. is very proud of this recognition for Barred Aged Liquid Luxury, specifically because it was a project that really engaged every member of the team from the onset,” said Oliver Brewing Co.’s Justin Dvorkin. “We set out to make the biggest and baddest stout we have ever produced, but wanted to make sure it still came across with the level of refinement and drinkability that our barrel aged beers are known for.”
The Maryland Craft Beer Competition is an annual competition that judges beer produced by members of the Brewers Association of Maryland. Runners up for the competition’s cup included Lowest Lord ESB from Denizens Brewing Company and Vincent ‘52 Schwarzbier from Rockwell Brewery. This year’s competition set a record for entries with 271 unique beer submissions from 33 participating breweries. Each beer entered into the competition was organized into the appropriate style category and judged. The Association awarded gold, silver, and bronze medals in 19 style categories.
“Despite taking a year off from the competition, our brewers haven’t missed a beat. What stands out most is the quality of the beers submitted. Many of the judges, who are among the most distinguished we’ve had, commented on how challenging this year’s competition was to judge,” says Kelly Dudeck, Competition Coordinator and Chief Strategy Officer of the Brewers Association of Maryland. “As Maryland’s craft beer industry continues to grow, so does this competition. In fact, this year we had a record number of entries.”
As the craft beer industry in Maryland grows, awards from competitions like the Maryland Craft Beer Competition serve as a fun and effective marketing tool for breweries. These awards also help consumers distinguish which breweries are noted for brewing quality beer. Following this year’s competition, there are 60 beers on shelves and taps throughout the state that are considered award-winning.
“It’s amazing to see how the Maryland craft beer scene has grown over the years,” said Dvorkin. “There are so many extremely talented brewers and great business minds in our local industry that we can certainly say Maryland stands right up there with any other state in regards to the quality, passion, and character of our industry.”
For a full list of award-winning beers from the 2021 Maryland Craft Beer Competition, please visit marylandbeer.org and click on the awards link. The Maryland Craft Beer Competition is hosted annually and serves the member breweries of the Brewers Association of Maryland.
About the Brewers Association of Maryland
The Brewers Association of Maryland, founded in 1996, is the non-profit trade association of Maryland brewing companies. The mission of BAM is to grow, promote, and protect the Maryland craft beer industry. Representing nearly 90 licensed, operating Maryland breweries, the Brewers Association of Maryland is committed to producing memorable beer experiences for craft beer consumers. Events produced and promoted by the Brewers Association of Maryland are fundraisers, directly benefiting the State’s craft brewing industry.
Please locate the attached release and images. Photo caption “The Maryland Craft beer Cup was awarded to Oliver Brewing Company at the 2021 Baltimore Craft Beer Festival.” Photo credit to “Kelly Dudeck, BAM.”
Jim Bauckman, Director of Communicationsjim@growandfortify.como: 410.252.9463 x 107 | m: 240.394.9202
Proudly representing:Maryland Wineries AssociationBrewers Association of MarylandMaryland Distillers Guild
Maryland Hemp Coalition
2019 Maryland Craft Beer Competition Winners Announced
August 25, 2019 by Jim Bauckman
The 2019 Maryland Craft Beer Competition was held in July at Calvert Brewing Company in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. A record number of entries from breweries throughout Maryland were judged by a group of BJCP-certified and volunteers.
Taking the 2019 competition’s top honor is Pounder Pilsner from Heavy Seas Beer in Halethorpe. Earning the “Best in Show” title before peers and fans of craft beer at REVIVE!, a beer and food pairing event held in Ellicott City on Saturday evening, the team from Heavy Seas returns to the brewery with the coveted Maryland Craft Beer Competition cup.
Medals were awarded in 16 style categories for this year’s competition. The full list of results is found below.
- Gold – Brewer’s Alley IPA
- Silver – Monocacy Brewing Company Clear Consciousness Pale Ale
- Bronze – 7 Locks Brewing Sandy Pointe Blonde Ale
- Gold – 7 Locks Brewing Devil’s Alley IPA
- Silver – Smoketown Brewing Station Potomac IPA
- Bronze – Saints Row Brewing Novus 1
- Gold – Monocacy Brewing Company Riot Rye Pale Ale
- Silver – Elder Pine Brewing and Blending Stargazer
- Bronze – Heavy Seas Beer En Route
- Gold – Calvert Brewing Company Playground Legend
- Silver – Crooked Crab Brewing Company Excessive Juice
- Bronze – Falling Branch Brewery Illuminate
Juicy or Hazy IPA
- Gold – Saints Row Brewing Beating the Kobayashi
- Silver – True Respite Brewing Company Boss
- Bronze – Manor Hill Brewing Crooked Beak With Passion Fruit
Sour Beers & Wild Ales
- Gold – Waredaca Brewing Company Fifteen Hands
- Silver – Olde Mother Fermata
- Bronze – Crooked Crab Brewing Company A Boysenberry & Blueberry Walked Into A Bar
Smoked or Wood-Aged
- Gold – Pub Dog Brewing Company & House of Liquors Current Events Barrel Aged Saison
- Silver – True Respite Brewing Company It Had To Be You
- Bronze – Oliver Brewing Co. Barrel-Aged Speed of Darkness
- Gold – Manor Hill Brewing Jousting Windmills: Triple Berry Blast
- Silver – True Respite Brewing Company Peeled: the Dawn Wall
- Bronze – Brookeville Beer Farm Strawberry Run
- Gold – Union Craft Brewing Ginger Pepper Sour
- Silver – Brewer’s Alley 1634 Ale
- Bronze – Monocacy Brewing Brewtus Coffee Imperial Stout
Pale Lager & Pilsner
- Gold – Heavy Seas Beer Pounder Pilsner
- Silver – Brewer’s Alley Czech Mate Pilsner
- Bronze – Silver Branch Brewing Company Glass Castle
Amber, Dark Lagers & Bocks
- Gold – Union Craft Brewing Blackwing Lager
- Silver – Barley & Hops Edelbock
- Bronze – Independent Brewing Company Newkidson Maibock
Porters & Stouts
- Gold – Manor Hill Brewing Porter
- Silver – Silver Branch Brewing Company Chronicle
- Bronze – Franklins Brewery Matryoshka
- Gold – Hysteria Brewing Tipping Point
- Silver – Silver Branch Brewing Company The Oracle Speaks
- Bronze – Olde Mother Tempest
Belgian Style Beers
- Gold – True Respite Brewing Company Two Seater
- Silver – Independent Brewing Company Blue Eyed Blonde
- Bronze – True Respite Brewing Company The Plunge
- Gold – Checkerspot Brewing Locally Delicious
- Silver – Milkhouse Brewery Peach Fieldhand
- Bronze – Smoketown Brewing Station Maryland Rye Maryland IPA
The 2019 Maryland Craft Beer Competition Gold Medal Class.
Congratulations to all of the winners! Well done!!
RavenBeer Receives 3 “Exceptional” Ratings in the 2019
World Beer Championships
1) RavenBeer (MD) Pendulum Pilsner, 91 Points, Gold Medal, “Exceptional”
2) RavenBeer (MD) 20th Anniversary Raven Special Lager Premium, 92 Points, Gold Medal, “Exceptional”
3) RavenBeer (MD) Raven Special Lager, 94 Points, Gold Medal, “Exceptional”
RavenBeer Receives 3 Gold Medals and 1 Silver Medal in 2018
International Beer Packaging Competition
1) RavenBeer (MD) 20th Anniversary RavenSpecial Lager Premium Edition Paper Label. Gold Medal
2) RavenBeer (MD) The Imp and the Madhouse Oyster Stout Tap Handle. Gold Medal, “Best Tap Handle”
3) RavenBeer (MD) The Imp and the Madhouse Oyster Stout Paper Label. Gold Medal, “Best Paper Label”
4) RavenBeer (MD) Four Poes in a Box Case Packaging. Silver Medal, “Best Case”